In order to keep your vehicle running properly at all times, it is recommended to have it serviced periodically. At Autosmith we offer a number of repair and maintenance services within Colorado Springs and the Greater Metro area. Our certified, auto service repair technicians have years of experience performing everything from basic oil changes, recommended maintenance, brake repair, alignment, diagnostic and tire replacement to a complete engine overhaul.
We use the latest high-tech diagnostic equipment in order to guarantee your vehicle is repaired and serviced correctly the first time you come to us. We hope this will build your trust in us so that the next time your car is due for service, you come back for our professional service and care. With any repair, we provide you our complementary safety evaluation. It gives you the current health report for your vehicle so you always know what condition each vehicle is in. This also enables us to create customized service plans to fit your individual needs. We only use the highest quality replacement parts, filters, oils, and components and comes with a 2 year, 24,000 mile warranty, one of the best in the business!
Depending on how long the repair will take and the availability of a vehicle, we often have loaner cars available (minimum driver age is 25) for use. Please call 719-634-4800 for availability.
We can help you arrange a rental vehicle at a discounted rate should you need one. Please ask for details.
Our services include:
- Factory Recommended Service/Maintenance
- 30/60/90K Mileage Maintenance
- Fluid replacements
- Oil and Filter changes
- Tire rotation, spin balance, and pressure adjustments
- Inspection of parts and systems – gears, tires, brake pads, belts, hoses, etc.
- With higher mileage: spark plugs, belts, timing belts when applicable
- Oil, Lube, and Filter
- Engine Maintenance
- Fuel Injection
- Ignition Wires & Cables
- Spark Plugs
- Engine Replacement
- Timing Belt
- Cylinder Block
- Cylinder Head
- Authorized Jasper Dealer
- Engine Maintenance
Under Car Services
- Brake Pad & Shoe Replacement
- Resurface Rotors
- Caliper Replacement
- Brake Hoses
- Brake Fluid Flushes
- Anti-Lock Brake System
- Automatic Transmission
- Four-Wheel Drive Transmission
- Front-Wheel Drive Transmission
- Manual Transmission
- Authorized Jasper Dealer
- Used Tires
- We Offer Most Major Brands of Tires
- Cooper Tires
- General Tire
- Toyo Tires
Trust the tire experts at Autosmith to help you choose the right tires for your vehicle.
Heating and Cooling Services
Some Indications your A/C system is having issues:
- If your air conditioning blows only slightly cooler air compared to the outside air
- Air that blows in smells damp, musty, or like mildew and mold
- Your cabin does not warm up in cold weather, or is just a little warmer than outside
- The defroster takes longer than typical to operate, or does not operate
- Your heater or A/C only functions when driving, not when idling, or quits blowing when the car is stationary
- Your heating system blows cold air, or the air conditioning blows warm air
- Low airflow even at the highest fan setting.
- A comprehensive evaluation of heating and A/C system includes:
- Examining the internal controls and blower
- Checking radiator coolant operating temperature, hoses, pressure radiator cap and thermostat
- Inspecting the compressor belt
- Inspecting system and seals for leaks or various other damages.
- A cooling system pressure test
- Verifying the A/C pressure meets manufacturer specifications
- Measuring the interior vent air temperature
- Our repair and maintenance services include:
- Air Conditioning
- Engine Controls
- Most Extended Warranties Accepted
- After-Hours Drop Off
- Free Loaner Car with Repairs By Appointment (minimum driver age is 25)
A prearranged appointment is necessary and subject to availability.
- Performance Modifications
- Fuel Efficiency
- Change engine oil, using the recommended grade of motor oil
- Check and change your air filter
- Inspect and, if necessary, replace a clogged fuel filter
- Adjust tire pressure to manufacturer-recommended specs
- Inspect/clean the intake system
- Inspect/replace emissions components and/or a faulty oxygen sensor
- Inspect brakes for proper adjustment
- Inspect power steering system and perform a steering alignment, if necessary
- Align front suspension
- Clean or replace dirty or malfunctioning fuel injectors
- Inspect/replace spark plugs and spark plug wires
- Check exhaust for clogged catalytic converter
- Examine the exhaust gas recirculation system
- Pre-Purchase Inspections
- Pre-Trip Inspection
Import Cars & Trucks
Check the Vehicle Make List below to check for your Import.
Towing to Shop for Repairs
- Oil, Lube and Filter
- Costumer Required Inspections
- Belts and Hoses
- Cooling System
- Water Pumps
- Complete Engine System and Components
- Brake Maintenance and Repair
- Air Brakes
- Hydraulic Brakes
- Tire Replacement
- Tire Repair
- Tire Rotating
- Batteries and Cables
- Breakers and Fuses
- Spark Plugs
- Starters and Alternators
- Wiring and Switches
- Computer Diagnostics
- Suspension Work
- Air Springs
- Torque Arms and Walking Beams
- Drive Train
- Drive Line
- King Pins
- Power Steering
- Spring and U Bolts
- Hubs, Seals, Studs and Nuts
Vehicle Makes Serviced:
AUTOSMITH uses the best quality parts available, (which meet or exceed the manufacturers requirements) for your peace of mind and the reliability of your vehicle. We also provide you with the best technicians available in the Pikes Peak region. In doing so, we are happy to offer you the following warranty.
WHAT IS COVERED AND FOR WHAT PERIOD OF TIME?
Basic Repairs: Auto parts purchased at AUTOSMITH location are warranted to be free from defects for a period of 24 months or 24,000 miles (whichever occurs first). Some parts such as, but not limited to, starters and alternators have, at the customers option, a lesser warranty of 1 year only and will be warrantied as such. All auto service work performed at such location is warranted for the same period. This warranty applies to parts installed and services performed on private passenger cars and light trucks. This warranty however does not extend to modifications that you have requested and that put your vehicle outside of the vehicle manufacturer’s intended design and standards.
WHAT DOES THIS WARRANTY MEAN?
Auto parts which prove to be unserviceable except as identified below and/or and service work which proves to be improperly performed, within the warranty period, will be replaced or repaired, respectively, free of any additional charges for parts and labor except as noted under EXCLUSIONS below:
LIMITED WARRANTY WARRANTY PERIOD
LABOR ONLY OFFERED ON ALL REPAIRS IF PARTS PURCHASED AT AUTOSMITH
Starters and alternators 24 months, 24,000 miles (unless otherwise discussed; ie optional 1 year parts) Yes
Major Engine & Transmission repairs* 24 months, 24,000 miles, Yes
Whichever occurs first, and only if maintenance requirements set forth are met.
*Major Engine and Transmission repairs require that a maintenance pattern be followed to keep your warranty valid. See your invoice for these requirements. They are vital to the health and maintenance of your vehicle and its long life.
Clutches and brakes ** None (unless defective) No
Used parts or parts supplied by customers None No
**Clutches and brakes are excluded from the above warranty, due to the fact that they are wearable items. The length of time they may last is directly related to driving habits, and how a vehicle is maintained. To keep your new clutch as good as it was the day of installation, and to make sure it lasts a long time, AUTOSMITH includes with every clutch repair, FREE CLUTCH ADJUSTMENTS for as long as you own your car.
WHO IS COVERED?
This warranty covers only the original purchaser.
In the unlikely event of a failure and you think it might be related to the initial repair, your vehicle must be brought to our location.
AUTOSMITH 528 East Pikes Peak Ave., Colorado Springs, CO. 80903 634-4800
If you elect to have the vehicle repaired at another facility other than AUTOSMITH, ALL repair costs will be born by you, the customer and will result in the voiding the remaining term of the warranty extended by AUTOSMITH. If you are out of town and the vehicle develops problems, the repairs may be authorized by AUTOSMITH. as long as the claim for those repairs is processed properly and determined that it is a covered item. (See below)
All claims for warranty repair must be submitted through the main office of AUTOSMITH. Please call 1-719-634-4800 Monday through Thursday 7:30 to 5:00, and Friday till 4:00 P.M. If the failure happens during closed hours please leave a full and detailed message on our answering service with a contact phone number and area code. You will need the Invoice number from the initial repair, your current mileage, and Vehicle Identification Number (VIN). Upon callback you will be issued a claim number, that number must be used in all correspondence. You will be directed to a facility near you for evaluation. After it is determined what the problem might be and the apparent cause of that problem, you must have that facility call us for any and all authorizations for the repair. Re-imbursements to you of any rental car expenses, lodging, food, gas or any item outside of the normal expense to repair your vehicle is disallowed. We may elect, at our expense, to send an independent inspector to appraise the situation before we authorize any repair/repairs.
If you elect to have used parts installed on your vehicle, the warranty for that used part is determined by each salvage yard and only covers the exchange of the part only, it DOES NOT cover labor. Salvage yards never cover any items used with the replacement of the specific component that failed these items include but are not limited to oils, lubes, antifreeze, plugs, etc. Labor as stated above is not covered, and costs of exchanging the failed USED PART would be the responsibility of the customer.
Used parts must be sourced by Autosmith.
PARTS YOU SUPPLY:
As policy for Autosmith, we do not allow customer supplied parts. We cannot guarantee the quality of these parts, nor can we cover them with our 2 year, 24,000 mile nationwide warranty.
Any customer that has not picked up and paid invoice within three days after being notified of vehicle being ready will be assessed a $25.00 per day storage fee.
Note this warranty supersedes any previous warranty either written or verbal and is dated Sept 1, 2013.